Strangers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strangers Fan Forum Now Closing (please read announcement in Who Is It )

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson

Go down 
+4
StrangerInOntario
D'Hobbit
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Maine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stranger In Maine
Admin
Stranger In Maine

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-04-14

New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Empty
PostSubject: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:23 am

Jan Westmark - Celebrity News Service

Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - The Fall Out Boy's new video of their Michael Jackson cover "Beat It," pays homage to pop star Jackson. The full-length video will premiere on MTV.com at midnight on Monday and will also air on Tuesday's TRL.

According to bassist Pete Wentz, their new video isn't a tribute to one specific Michael Jackson song, but instead the video gives between 25 and 50 nods to Jackson.

Wentz said some of the tributes are obvious such as moon-walking and one-gloved dancers.

Wentz told People.com that in order to get the full "Michael Jackson" effect, the video needs to be paused and watched frame-by-frame to figure it out.

There are also celebrity cameos in the video, including Tony Hale from "Arrested Development" who appears as a karate sensei.

The song appears on a CD packaged with the band's new DVD, "Live in Phoenix."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010787243
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Greece

Female Number of posts : 1329

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Okayy.. all I have to say is that this version of Beat It SUCKS!!! I have listened to it and I couldn't believe that AMAZING song is sung by them!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I DIDN'T LIKE IT AT ALL! They are killing this HOT song with their @*+%# voice! Ugh!
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

Female Number of posts : 1279

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Woah Voula, calm down girl lol!

IMO, it's not THAT bad...I liked it (of course it will never Beat (lol!) the Original!)...and think of it this way....a lot of the younger generation listen to Fallout Boy and maybe this will make them want to check out Michael's music more if they like their version of Beai It. Very Happy

Plus: At least Fallout Boy is putting Michael in a POSITIVE light. It's nice to see after so much negativity.

So, Go Fallout Boy!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashleylynnie
Stranger In Maine
Admin
Stranger In Maine

Female Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 6:07 am

D'Hobbit wrote:

IMO, it's not THAT bad...I liked it (of course it will never Beat (lol!) the Original!)...and think of it this way....a lot of the younger generation listen to Fallout Boy and maybe this will make them want to check out Michael's music more if they like their version of Beai It. Very Happy

Plus: At least Fallout Boy is putting Michael in a POSITIVE light. It's nice to see after so much negativity.

I agree with you, I don't think it's that bad and it is bringing attention to Michael again!
Back to top Go down
StrangerInOntario
This Time Around
StrangerInOntario

Female Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:39 am

Did they have to get permission to cover his song?

The song isn't soo bad. But I prefer the original. lol
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks Cathy! Hugs

I really did like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Greece

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 6:13 am

D'Hobbit wrote:

Ash this is your opinion and I respect it but you should respect mine too. I agree that Fall out boy "are helping" MJ by releasing their version of Beat it but personally I didn't like it AT ALL! This is how I feel so... Smile
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:32 am

lol! Voula, of course I respect your opinion! lol!

This:

"IMO, it's not THAT bad...I liked it (of course it will never Beat () the Original!)...and think of it this way....a lot of the younger generation listen to Fallout Boy and maybe this will make them want to check out Michael's music more if they like their version of Beai It.

So, Go Fallout Boy!!!"

that whole part was just totally my opinion. Very Happy

The only thing I said about your opinion was:

"Woah Voula, calm down girl lol! "

and what I meany by that was: You don't have to like it, but you could have said it in a nicer way.....it was just a little harsh. That's all Smile

I do respect your opinion of it though. Love ya! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Greece

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:25 am

Yes it was kinda harsh! You're right Smile
But you know when I first heard that version I was like "ok, tell me that I am NOT listening to Beat it now!" lol!
Sorry guys I don't like it!
Anyways, next time I will be more... umm careful! lol!
I'll try to express my opinion not in a harsh way! Smile
LOVE YA too!! Love
Now I'll just...... BEAT IT!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:50 am

lol! Thanks Voula! Smile Hugs New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson 86995
Back to top Go down
D&D
This Time Around
D&D

Female Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:30 pm

I've had this song for at least 2 months now Very Happy
I so prefer the original, but it works when your at school and want a slight MJ song haha!!
I like other Fall Out Boy songs, but his voice is annoying after a while Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.piczo.com/DannifromHell
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Greece

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Nope thank YOU Ash! love ya!
Back to top Go down
Cocobeans1108
MJ Junkie
Cocobeans1108

Female Number of posts : 939

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:49 pm

it sounds really alike so i dont see any point of them redoing it
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Florida
MJ Junkie
Stranger In Florida

Female Number of posts : 867

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:18 am

I agree with Ashley. but still I didn't like it, but it might put Michael in the positive light. so... yeah Smile

New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Mj84522
New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Siggye10
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Greece

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:23 pm

I agree with you too!
Back to top Go down
Stranger in Los Angeles
MJ Junkie
Stranger in Los Angeles

Female Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm afraid I have to agree with Voula.
New artists keep re-making Michael's songs and I don't like how they do it cause it will never beat the original. Beat It.. Smooth Criminal.. some other woman sings Beat It too..
I don't even like Michael's remixes.. let alone other people changing the song their own way.
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Cocobeans1108 wrote:
it sounds really alike so i dont see any point of them redoing it

Maybe because they like Michael and his music and wanted to show it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Greece
Stranger In Greece

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Ash I agree with you... but also I think that THEY think if they remake an mj song they might make it a bigger hit than the original! And you know then everybody will talk about it and they'll get more famous!!
Hope I make sense.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson   New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1