Strangers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strangers Fan Forum Now Closing (please read announcement in Who Is It )

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steady-Laughing possible closure?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stranger In Pittsburgh
Admin
Stranger In Pittsburgh

Female Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Steady-Laughing possible closure? Empty
PostSubject: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am

Quote :
Fellow fans and friends, how are you? I guess you've all noticed the lack of much of anything around here. I was just thinking about how often I used to update this website and how much time I would spend gathering photos for the gallery. Very eagerly in fact, sometimes I'd put it before school work because it was so fun to work on it and then have our visitors enjoy it. But, things change with time. Don't they?

I'm a junior in college now, when we opened this site I was a senior in high school. Needless to say, my workload was different. At the moment I have a very tiring job. The kind of job that when you come home at 1 in the morning, you don't want to think about anything but a bed. I also have school, which is not becoming any easier. The reality of "life" is approaching quickly. What I mean by that is, 5 years ago...all I had to do was go to school, eat, chat with friends, and play on the computer. Now? I have to seriously consider that in a few years time I should (hopefully) be started on a stable career and on my way to complete independence. I may be sharing too much here, but it has a point.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I know my lovely sidekick Jess has had some major changes go on in her life since starting this website as well. Much of the same type of situation.

In addition to all of this, Michael is nowhere to be found or even heard from. The silence from his camp is very frustrating to me. I don’t mind if he doesn’t release an album, or if he’s taking his time in producing one. What I do mind is the silence. After “late 2007” came and went, why couldn’t an update be released telling fans what’s going on? Sometimes it seems as if we’re being strung along here. I’m not a fan that wants to jump on the “Blame Raymone K. Bain!” boat. Ms. Bain is only the messenger and if she had news to share, I’m sure she’d share it. A spokesperson, that’s what she is. Meaning she’s Michael’s mouthpiece to the public. If Michael’s not talking, neither is she.

So let’s see here. Katrina single…it never happened. Which is totally fine, but why couldn’t an explanation be given? A new official website, did that happen? Wasn’t that art contest that they had in Japan supposed to be related to that? I’m not the type of fan that is fussed about an album release. I’ll be extremely elated to see another one, but in the meantime, there are other artists that I love just as much that are doing great things. I’m only fussed on the lack of communication, but it seems like MJ has been quite notorious for that! Did I miss anything?

What am I getting at? Jess and I will continue to keep this site up for now, it would be so hard to close after so much hard work. I will say this though, if by the end of the year we are still where we are now, I think we may seriously consider just calling it a day. When the most exciting news to update with is news of another reason why Michael is being sued, it’s hard to keep this place alive! Hey, maybe next week I'll be biting my tongue and Michael will have a crapload of information to share with us!

So there you have it. I have made a new layout for the site, it’s been about three weeks since I’ve made it…but I haven’t had time to do much more. When I find a couple of days off, I’ll see what I can do! Okay, that's all. That was pretty long, huh?

Until then!

Anyone know anything further about this? Opinions?
Back to top Go down
https://strangers.forumotion.com
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

Female Number of posts : 1279

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:54 am

Oh my goodness! That would not be good, I love SL! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashleylynnie
Cocobeans1108
MJ Junkie
Cocobeans1108

Female Number of posts : 939

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:10 pm

Maybe they are losing so much money because they are paying the insurance of everyone that went to the eye doctor! lol!
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Pittsburgh
Admin
Stranger In Pittsburgh

Female Number of posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:21 pm

haha coco! lol! laughing
Back to top Go down
https://strangers.forumotion.com
Cocobeans1108
MJ Junkie
Cocobeans1108

Female Number of posts : 939

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:22 pm

sorry that was really mean embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Marni
Marni

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:21 am

SL isn't closing. They have a new update:

Quote :
Lovely vistors, I just wanted to be clear. We're not closing today or tommorrow, or next month. I hope no one missed the part that said we're staying open for now, and in fact I have a new layout waiting to debut sometime soon!

I just have to find the time. I used to have days off at a time, now I usually don't, so I rarely have enough time to do everything that goes into getting it up. I do have to say though, that all things do have an expiration date! It's impossible for anything open to never close. That's just a fact of life, I guess!

No worries, please. We're alive still!
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 am

Marni wrote:
SL isn't closing. They have a new update:

Quote :
Lovely vistors, I just wanted to be clear. We're not closing today or tommorrow, or next month. I hope no one missed the part that said we're staying open for now, and in fact I have a new layout waiting to debut sometime soon!

I just have to find the time. I used to have days off at a time, now I usually don't, so I rarely have enough time to do everything that goes into getting it up. I do have to say though, that all things do have an expiration date! It's impossible for anything open to never close. That's just a fact of life, I guess!

No worries, please. We're alive still!

Yay! Thanks for that Marni! Very Happy Hugs
Back to top Go down
Stranger In Florida
MJ Junkie
Stranger In Florida

Female Number of posts : 867

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:00 am

Cocobeans1108 wrote:
Maybe they are losing so much money because they are paying the insurance of everyone that went to the eye doctor! lol!

Haha!! lol!
Back to top Go down
D'Hobbit
D'Hobbit

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Please be respectful of the other forums. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steady-Laughing possible closure?   Steady-Laughing possible closure? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steady-Laughing possible closure?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strangers :: Strangers in the World :: Superfly Sisters-
Jump to: